Monday, February 27, 2012

A little more motivation, alot more action!

So recovery had taken a little longer than thought,BOO so game plan change, start right!

I see pics of my friends and they all have these inspirational boards hung up next to their treadmills.... so I decided to make one!

I left room in hopes that I will soon fill it with new adventures, and maybe a bikini top to really keep me on focus! Ha ha whatever works right???

I also started making fruit smoothies for breakfast to take with me to work; thus replacing the morning coffee, pastry, and whatever other bad things I am too ashamed to type! I really like it, it's yummy, and saves me a ton of cash and calories!!!!


Ok, so the pic doesn't look so hot, but it sure is yummy! Cha cha chia cherry! It is dark cherries (frozen), kale, spinach, chia seeds, and fruit juice. I freeze the fruit to blend instead of ice, b/c I hate watery smoothies! YUM! This simple change alone will help me immensely just knowing I am starting my mornings off right!

I also started potting more flowers and herbs on my front patio. Since I have a dog, our garden was destroyed. Our 4yo LOVES gardening, so when he asked me for some garden plants I couldn't resist getting creative, and getting the kids outside and exercising as well. Here is our strawberry pot!



And..... FINALLY!!!! I hit the treadmill again, ready to plan some events and training. I did a 10K on rolling hills simulated on the treadmill with the door open to feel the nice weather we have here, while the kids did playdough and blues clues.... hey whatever works right? I think I am the only wanna-be-runner in Phoenix on the treadmill right now, I mean, it's 80 degrees outside!

My first planned event is a 10K this coming Sat., and the Trail 5miler the following weekend. After that is the "Kiss me I'm Irish 17K" for St. Patty's, and down the road a 10K trail run in Cave Creek. I am super excited for these runs because I get to see the beauty of where I lives this time of year, and try some different length runs as well as different difficulty with the trail runs. What a fun way to get back into shape and really have fun doing it.
After that kick start of events, I am going to slow it down and start a weekend running group through sole sports. By that time, I will kick off my training for the Grand Canyon Marathon this fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY

Oh... BTW... One thing on my long term goals accomplished, now to never see it again... "to never see 160 on the scale ever again!!!" just gotta maintain it. My goal is 140, that means 20 to go people! I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So look for my posts to come on these way awesome events with pics too!!! XOXO
C

3 comments:

  1. Cha cha chia! Yum! That smoothies is super yummy! :)

    I love your motivational board! I have one by my treadmill too!

    Good luck this weekend! You are going to do awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get a new blender so I can try your smoothie! Looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inspirational board idea! I'm planning on getting a treadmill soon and I will definitely have one of those next to it!

    ReplyDelete